Client: Magnificent So Flo Seven, LLC
Associate Architect: Alamo Architects / OCO Architects
Completion Date: 2007
General Contractor: Malitz Construction
Project Size: 9,800 SF Alamo Architects :: 4,700 SF OCO Architects
MEP Engineer: DBR Engineers, Inc.
Landscape Architect: Root Design / Barry Landry, ASLA
- Certified LEED Silver by United States Green Building Council
- 2009 City of San Antonio Green Building Awards – Commercial Building Award
- 2008 Downtown’s BEST Award – Best New Office
- 2007 AIA San Antonio – Commendation for Sustainability
- 2007 AIA San Antonio – Citation Award
- 2007 San Antonio Business Journal “Best in Commercial Real Estate” – Best Interior Design
We transformed a formerly derelict industrial warehouse into spacious and technologically sophisticated work environments for two of San Antonio’s leading architectural firms. The renovation celebrated the industrial heritage of the buildings while incorporating leading-edge sustainability practices, including a solar power array.
Industrial sash windows, structural steel sections, long leaf pine decking, sectional garage doors and existing concrete paving were repurposed for guardrails, trellises, fences, millwork and pedestrian pathways. Rain water and condensate are collected for irrigation. This visionary project catalyzed its surrounding neighborhood with many more infill developments of mixed use, residential, dining and art galleries.